Friday, October 28, 2011

Our 1 Year Anniversary 10.23.11

On Sunday, my husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. It was such a good day!! We spent the night in Columbia in a hotel because our friends got married the day before so in the morning we had breakfast at the hotel. I think it's always fun to stay in a hotel so this was a nice way to start our day. James' best friend, Sharif and his friend joined us as they were staying in the same hotel and was a groomsmen in the wedding that weekend also. Sharif was the best man in our wedding and we got married on his birthday which means Sunday was his b-day as well as our one year anniversary. Confused yet?? Lol. James and Sharif went to college together at Univ. of SC so they wanted to walk around campus and reminisce for a little while. It's a beautiful campus and the weather was perfect. Sharif picked one of his favorite places for lunch called California Dreaming. They have the best rolls I think i've ever eaten! So after lunch we said our goodbyes and went home.

James said he wanted to make us a nice dinner for our anniversary so he ran to the grocery store to get steaks and romaine to grill (we love marinating romaine hearts and throwing it on the grill - it's easy and delicious so try it sometime!). He came home with flowers - daisies like I used in our wedding; my favorite! We exchanged cards, teared up a little, lol, and then ate dinner. We had the top of our wedding cake frozen all year so we could enjoy it for our 1 year and I was very please with the way it kept. No freezer burn, no dryness - tasted just as good as the day of!

Here are some pics of our anniversary dinner and a couple wedding pics from last year :)

The flowers James got me (note: I painted those salt and pepper shakers recently and love them!)

Our delicious dinner!

Top of our wedding cake

We toasted with the champagne flutes that we used for the wedding - these were our favors.


It says "James & Chelsa 10.23.10"

Cutting the cake :)

Doesn't look a year old to me!

Yay I love him :)


No comments:

Post a Comment